There is no question that viewing online video on desktop computers, and especially on mobile devices, continues to rise in popularity. These days, B2B buyers would rather watch a 1-minute video clip than read 300 words.
Consumer brands have long understood the importance of using video content as a marketing tool to engage customers. Now, it’s time for B2B marketers to embrace it. Here are 12 stats that prove video deserves a place in your digital content strategy.
Join the Club
- 70% of marketers are now using online video (source).
- 65% of B2B marketers plan to increase their investment in online videos in 2015 (source).
- 63% of B2B marketers’ video spending is on the rise (source).
- 70% of B2B marketers plan to spend more time on YouTube this year (source).
Connect With Your Customers
- Over 75% of fortune 500 executives are viewing online video (source).
- 48% of B2B buyers use their smartphone to watch video (source).
- More than 70% of B2B buyers view video product demonstrations before making a purchase (source).
- 65% of senior executives have visited a vendors website after watching a video (source).
Reap the Benefits
- Marketers cited B2B video accounts for a “very high” quantity of leads (23%) (source).
- 92% of B2B marketers cite videos as their most used content for demand gen programs (source).
- A video on a B2B landing page can increase conversion by 80% (source).
- 46% of B2B technology buyers will purchase a product or service after viewing video content (source).
Share how your B2B organization uses video content in the comments section below!