I’ve always recommended video to marketers who want to improve their content strategy. But these days, my clients are coming in and requesting video content on their own. They recognize the power of effective video content to engage and convert buyers, and they want to claim those results for their companies.
My clients and I have shot corporate videos that tell engaging stories about their companies’ value. We’ve created product introductions using CG animation. (Think your product is too commoditized to star in a video? You’ll be amazed what CG can do.) And we’ve created explainer videos discussing relevant industry topics … starring real company employees. Even if your employees aren’t Oscar-nominated actors, you can still create high-quality videos with the right editing help.
So why are these videos and others so successful? Who’s watching them? What results can you expect? These 16 statistics will make a clear case for getting your company, products, employees and customers in front of the camera.
Who’s Using Video?
- 55% of people watch videos online every day (MWP)
- Online video will account for more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic by 2020 (Cisco)
- More than 500 million hours of video are watched on YouTube every day (Business Insider)
- Four times as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it (Animoto)
- 43% of people say they want to see more video content from marketers in the future (HubSpot)
Engaging Buyers with Video
- In 2016, 62% of B2B marketers rated video an effective content marketing tactic (Content Marketing Institute)
- Social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and images combined (Adelie Studios)
- Incorporating video into a company’s landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more (EyeView Digital)
- Companies using video see 41% more web traffic from search than non-users (Aberdeen Group)
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engine results pages (Brightcove)
- Including a video in email marketing can increase click-through rates by 200–300% (Digital Information World)
Getting Results from Video Marketing
- Companies that use video marketing grow their revenue 49% faster than those that don’t (Aberdeen Group)
- 64% of marketers using video believe it has directly led to increased sales (Wyzowl)
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Syndacast)
- 70% of B2B marketers think that video is more effective than any other form of content when converting qualified leads (Content Marketing Institute)
- 76.5% of marketers report seeing results with video marketing (Animoto)
Want to start driving results like these for your business? My team and I would be happy to meet with you and create a video marketing strategy for your company. Get in touch, or drop me a note in the comments!