Creating Connections in 2023
The two-day event began with our Day of Service — the day we honor Martin Luther King Jr. by volunteering at charitable organizations across Chicagoland. The next day, we regrouped at our headquarters in Burr Ridge, Illinois, for in-person introductions, team meetings and collaboration. The night culminated with employee achievement awards, recognition, and some fun and games as Mx’ers competed in minigolf.
Here are some additional highlights from the night as we recognized the pivotal achievements of our Mx’ers. Not pictured are:
- The Cool as the Other Side of the Pillow Award — this award recognizes the Mx’er that maintains a sense of calm no matter how much is coming at them. Like a duck on water, their movements are smooth and intentional even though below the surface they are moving a million miles a minute. They never let the intensity of the situation, the pressure of a deadline or the immediacy of a request impact their energy. This award goes to Audrey Garrigan, operations manager!
- The Individual Contributor Award — the winner of this award has the sole responsibility for every aspect of their function within the agency. They show up every day without fail and take care of business. They are an integral part of our promise to clients to be “fully integrated.” Congratulations to Jason Schoonveld, warehouse manager!
For the rest of the awards that follow, check out the captions of the pictures below to see the winners!
- The Unsung Hero Award — this person does so many things for so many different people at The Mx Group. They never complain or hesitate when they are asked to support someone or something, no matter how big or small the ask. The work they do is done with extreme attention to detail and delivered with the highest level of quality each and every time.
- The Team of the Year Award — recognizes the Mx team that embodies the idea of agility and flexibility. If you talk to any member of this team, you understand how much they care about their client and how deeply they know their business.
- The Leader of the Year Award — awards the Mx’er that shows complete ownership of their work, collaborates and communicates effectively, and genuinely seeks to make others around them better.
- The Sportsman of the Year Award — this person brings a lot of talent to the table. They are a true team player contributing to strategy, creativity and more to ensure the team and the client achieve the outcome they set out to achieve.
- The “En Fuego” Award — this award goes to the person whose work is so hot that it is on FIRE! This extremely talented individual produces some of the best work that we put out the door across the agency and is a pleasure to work with.
- The Impact Award — this is a significant award that recognizes the impactful work this Mx’er creates for clients. They are a true partner to their clients and they demonstrate a willingness to go above and beyond to ensure their client is successful. It is also important to note that they don’t deliver impact alone. They do it by leading many different people in a common direction, and the result of their work is tangible.