Division 10-2: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
vAuto Corporate Website Search Engine Optimization Program
vAuto is a leading provider of software solutions that empower auto dealers to manage their vehicle inventories by using actual supply-and-demand data from their markets. More than 3,500 dealerships use vAuto’s stocking, appraising, pricing and merchandising tools.
When vAuto planned a site relaunch for late 2013, one of the key challenges was to improve its search engine rankings. The brand already has significant traction with its audience, but to broaden the awareness of its offerings and promote growth, it would need to attract new prospects. To accomplish this, The Mx Group established a search engine optimization program that would drive targeted, motivated inquirers to the site and encourage them to schedule a demo of vAuto solutions.
The market has become very competitive, so it was critical to leverage a wide range of SEO tactics in order to achieve a powerful presence within search engine results. To acquire the most valuable leads possible, we planned to intercept our target audience while they searched for information about services and topics related to inventory management solutions.
We developed a comprehensive keyword strategy that strongly influenced the site’s content and architecture. Our research identified multiple opportunities to establish vAuto as a thought leader on topics that were both important to the audience and highly relevant to the company’s solutions. To align strategically with these keyword opportunities, we expanded the site content. The new site not only contains strong product and solution pages; it also delivers substantial thought leadership content.
We optimized the site content and architecture through a comprehensive set of tactics:
- OPTIMIZED METADATA AND CONTENT — Keywords were strategically integrated into tags and tag structures optimized
- OPTIMIZED URLS AND INTERNAL LINKING STRUCTURE — URL structures were written to fully leverage keywords and ensure ideal parsing by search engines.
- INCLUSION OF MICRODATA — Microdata markup was added to the site to provide the search engines with additional information about the content.
- VIDEO OPTIMIZATION — All site videos were optimized to ensure success in both general search engines and on YouTube.
The search engine optimization program was a major success. In 2013, the metrics improved substantially:
- Organic search traffic increased by 300%
- The site now ranks on the first page of Google’s search results for 30 of 36 target keywords, in the top position for 18
- Monthly traffic has increased by 90%
- Monthly lead conversion increased by 50%